Patient Computer Help was started by Bruce Corson. Bruce remains the company’s principal service provider. However, when specialized computer repair help or just an extra pair of hands is needed, select others are brought in as appropriate to the client.
Bruce Corson spent over three decades as a sometimes frustrated IT user. That is, he’s one of you. Bruce was not an IT professional, but a senior-level business development manager and director. His computer was a valuable part of the arsenal he used to do his job.
Vice President and techiest daughter Karen Poccia joined the company in 2018 from a consulting background. Similar to Bruce, her experience as a heavy computer user in the workforce led to a passion and toolset geared toward demystifying technology for the average user.
As a corporate user used to pushing the envelope, Bruce was a challenge for the IT departments in the companies for which he worked: DuPont, 3M, M.A. Hanna and elsewhere.
He always felt the computer should be a tool for the user to perform his job better, not something that defined what the job was. This perspective helps him approach computer confusions from a client’s perspective.
Bruce’s degree is in chemistry from the University of New Hampshire, with a minor in computer programming. As a hobby, Bruce has played with and developed his computer skills since the days of the Radio Shack TRS-80. (Yes, Bruce’s family think’s he’s weird.)
What was once a hobby has now turned into a valuable skill. Combined with Bruce’s penchant for teaching patiently (that is, teaching anyone but family members), Bruce can help many people tame their computers. Bruce is a Certified Microsoft Office Specialist.
Background on Bruce
- BS, Chemistry, University of New Hampshire
- Socially fluent in Japanese
- Published nationally in The Washington Post, The Cleveland Plain Dealer, The Ft Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel and elsewhere.
- Black Belt in Kuk Sul Do, a Korean Martial Art
- Board member of the Chagrin Valley Rotary Club where he is a Paul Harris Fellow (www.chagrinvalleyrotary.com)
- Board member of the Chagrin Valley Chamber of Commerce (www.cvcc.org)
- Executive Committee of Business Advisers of Cleveland (www.bacleveland.org)
- Past president of the BNI Gateway to Success chapter in Solon, OH
- Former elected Councilman, Village of Chagrin Falls